Monday, December 5, 2011

Advertising: A Wusthof Knife For Snow White

 
I have no idea if they made this "art apple" in real life (I would love to see some 'making of' footage for that!) or if someone was very clever with Photoshop (it looks convincingly real with all that cutting detail at the bottom of the removed apple piece). Either way, it's very effective.

The article on Trendhunter summarized the campaign so well I have to add an excerpt:
Taking the symbol of the protagonist’s downfall, the Jung von Matt advertising agency exploited the juicy red fruit as an appropriate canvas for this campaign. Divulging the finesse of the kitchen blade and the painstaking incisions it can make, the peeled picture of the young girl in an elaborate gown, surrounded in dainty blossoming branches, is enough to demonstrate such precision.
The Germans really know how to use their fairy tales and I kind of want one of their Wusthof Knives now too.

With little alteration I can see this as an awesome art print for a kitchen...

3 comments:

  1. "With little alteration I can see this as an awesome art print for a kitchen..."

    Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if they made this "art apple" in real life (I would love to see some 'making of' footage for that!) or if someone was very clever with ... 2wusthof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I made this and it's a 3D peel cut out. The apple was shot though.

    ReplyDelete