Saturday, October 17, 2009

Baba Yaga Told With Legos & Other Storytelling Toys

My son (2 1/2 yrs) has recently discovered - and become obsessed with - Lego. He loves watching the stop-motion animation scenarios people have filmed in their homes so, naturally, I set out to see if I could find some non-violent Lego fairy tales for him to enjoy.

The best one I found was Baba Yaga and Vasilisa, which, seeing as it's turning into Baba Yaga day at Once Upon A Blog, is very appropriate. :) I particularly like how the Chicken Legged Hut was constructed.


And since we're on the subject of Baba Yaga toys, I thought I'd share these plushes I found a while back. The plush chicken leg huts at the head and tail of this post are by Melissa Sue and is available through her Etsy shop HERE. The Baba Yaga plush-with-hut comes from the Here Be Monsters line of plush toys by Toy Vaults HERE.

I also couldn't resist adding this Lego-type creation: The Baba Yaga 2050. It's a futuristic Chicken Leg Cottage (found HERE) and has the following description:
The Baba Yaga 2050 Cottage solves many of the problems humanity will face in the future:
- Scarce resources: your cottage will simply get up and walk (or run!) somewhere better.
- Peak oil: that may look like a huge diesel engine on the back, but I assure you that it's hydrogen powered, and those are hydrogen tanks on the side. Ability to deploy windmill hampered by GW's militaristic attitude to spare parts.
- Overcrowding: stacking is possible, aka the Mimas Hopper-parking solution.
- Zombie Apocalypse: see problem #1
I think you'll agree that it also satisfies the first requirement of the future: awesomeness.
Aaaand now we have the 2nd installment of steampunk Baba Yaga story ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment