Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ask Baba Yaga: How Do I Know When To Let My Heart Guide Me?

Lifelines by Peter Diamond

I have sorely missed Baba Yaga's advice and I have to admit, she was a little difficult to track down when I went to find her, as pre-arranged, to post her wisdom to the blog! And now I'm a little worried. My heart is telling me we need to put a little effort into encouraging the Baba to continue imparting her gristly yet keen advice, so if you are reading this and enjoying it, do send her a note, would you?

Here's today's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):

(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)

Regarding matters of the heart, I've found the soul heart and the physical heart are really one in the same, interconnected in that very muscle and sinew. One affects the other and it's wise to pay attention to them "both" when trying to find direction. 

Baba Yaga puts it much more viscerally and succinctly. And all I need to do is stay away from that "ugly song".

What would we do without our Baba Yaga to set us straight?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
This is the email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

1 comment:

  1. This one's from Oct. 2015, almost a year ago... I miss Baba Yaga's advice soooo much!! (I just emailed her to let her know!)

    ReplyDelete