Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ask Baba Yaga: Where Does All the Time Go?

Baba Yaga by Denise Plauché 
I was on the verge of sending this question to Baba Yaga myself. I feel in serious need of clones, if I'm ever going to do everything I'm supposed to do every day, let alone make better progress on my dreams. A Time Machine would work well too (TARDIS avec le Doctor s'il vous plait!). Baba Yaga is magical and probably has a few tricks up her sleeve but what does she advise when lowly mortals need they need to fold space and time to get things done?

This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)

The image of my head in a stew pot for Eternity wishing I'd done more, certainly makes me feel like I should get off my, er, rump and move it while it's still attached! 

So "capere solis radium", huh? If only I were a morning person. That would help a lot.

(PS. To the person who wrote the question: Choose the masquerade ball!)

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment