Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Wicked and Loving It": The Maleficent-Meets-EW Interview

Courtesy of Team Jolie, those of us without access to this issue of Entertainment Weekly (#1302, dated March 14, 2014 - on stands March 7, 2014), can view and read the interview and bonus bits for ourselves. Although this is (obviously) not a dense discussion on fairy tales, fairy tale villains or Sleeping Beauty in general, Ms. Jolie does have a lot of insightful things to say and despite her ranging over a few subjects apart from the film, the themes and her emphasis for each of them clearly work together and, at the time, affected each other.

In fact, one of the reasons I think this interview is worth reading is because it shows how the issues raised by fairy tales are directly applicable to life, learning and raising better people (whether that's our children or ourselves).

Please find the pages below. As I mentioned in the previous post, I will be hunting down and purchasing a proper copy for myself, just in case this movie turns out to have significant impact on society's view of , not only the Disney movie but also (unavoidably) the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale.

Just click on the images to view them full size so you can read the text a little easier.

Note: I'm a little vague on whether or not EW is OK with this being published elsewhere on the web at the moment, especially seeing as it's been up in other places for a short while already, but if it comes to my attention that EW want it taken down, I will do so immediately. Should that happen you should still have enough information from this post and the cover image if you need to hunt it all down at a future date.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited! I (I mean, my three-year-old daughter, of course...) can't wait to see this movie! Angelina looks amazing as what my daughter calls "the stinker fairy."

    ReplyDelete