Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ask Baba Yaga: What Happens If Everything I've Ever Wanted Comes True?

Baba Yaga by Júlia Sardà
Gosh. I don't think this question has ever occurred to me (at least not more than once, and very fleetingly) but it does make you wonder.. what if the genie granted all your wishes? (Subtext: would you really be happy?)

This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)

Hm. This is definitely true regarding 'things'. I guess what Baba Yaga is saying here is that the person asking the question will find out that should this ever come true they were, basically, thinking too small, too materialistically, too finitely... 

Now I will have to do some serious thinking, take a hard look at the things I think I want to come true and adjust my wish list accordingly.

That's Baba Yaga for you: keeping it real.

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

1 comment: