Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fairy Tale Art by Pat Brennan

Goldilocks and the Bears

For your viewing pleasure I'm posting just a few of the fairy tale themed work by digital artist/illustrator Pat Brennan (on deviantArt as moonmomma). The Goldilocks one at the head of the post remains one of my favorites, since seeing it a few years ago.

The Piper

Cinders in the Limelight

The Princess and the Pea

Yuki Onna

Undine

She has a LOT of gorgeous work in her deviantArt gallery, mostly fantasy based (lots of fairies and mermaids) so be sure to visit, take a look and leave a nice comment (and maybe hint how great it would be to see even more fairy tale pieces.. hint, hint). You can also visit her website HERE and her Flickr account HERE.

The talent must run in the family. Her daughter, Rebecca Parker, is just breaking into the book cover illustration biz too.

I'd love to see Pat work on a specific fairy tale project for a book herself though. She has such a lovely touch. While she does do commissions I gather she's very busy, so if you want to work with her be persistent in trying to contact her and let me know if you work together.

3 comments:

  1. They are absolutely gorgeous. Very oooh and aaahhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Brennans work especially The Princess and the Pea remind me of Angela Carters writing based Fairy Tales, wonderfully rich, layered and plush- thanks for the introduction and links I'd never come across this artist before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much my dear for your feature on me. I am humbled by your generosity.
    I hope everything is well in the real world for you. We know everything is good in Fairyland don't we?

    Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete