Thursday, August 6, 2009

Two Disney 'Art Of' Books Coming Soon

There are two lovely looking books coming later in the year from Disney animation artists:

1. The Art of The Disney Princess by Tk
Being released: October 20th, 2009

Description from Amazon:
Every little girl has a favorite Disney Princess--and for that matter, every grown-up girl, too! In The Art of the Disney Princess, Disney artists, designers, illustrators, and animators from around the world have re-imagined their favorite princesses and portrayed them in a variety of mediums. Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, and Cinderella are newly incarnated in water color, pastel, oil paint, colored pencil, mixed media, and computer graphics pieces that range from the traditional to the unconventional. This artwork has been created especially for this museum-quality book, which is sure to delight art lovers, Disney collectors, and any prince or princess who ever believed that fairytales do come true.
Wonderful to see Snow White so beautifully drawn! I can't wait to see the creativity inside this one.
2. The Art of The Princess and the Frog by Jeff Kurtti
Being released: Dec 16th, 2009

There is no description available yet but if it's anything like the usual 'art of' books it's not to be missed. Seeing the concept drawings that appear as artists get to know the fairy tale and start to interpret it their own way is always fascinating (yes, I'm a complete pushover for an 'art of' book!)

Both books are now available for pre-order at Amazon.com (click on the titles or the images to go to the corresponding page).

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten a chance to preview Art of the Disney Princess. It's awesome to say the least. The artwork inside is all wonderful and very unique with many, many artists and interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isgreat news! I went to Barnes an Noble a day after work to pick up to book 2 & 3 of the graphic novel series: The Eleswhere Chronicles (originally in French.) Amazing series by the way the art is astounding and the story is very appealing! (usually French comics are in these catogories).
    Anyways (sorry for getting off topic) before getting my books I had on hold I checked to see if The Art ofthe Disney Princess was out AND IT WAS!!! YAAAY!!!! The book Is simply amazing seeing it made me make my own princess in a disney style ( I love being an illustrator!!!!) It is a must-by if your a Disney fan or fanatic or even an artist. I put the book on hold and I am picking it up after work.

    Last and certainly not least is The Art of the Princess and the Frog I pre-ordered it at B&N and will get a fresh inspiring Disney Art copy of this amazing book December 16th or even earlier! I hope I get it earlier!

    ReplyDelete