Thursday, November 24, 2016

Whoa. We Are Definitely NOT In Kansas Anymore.

Just watch the trailer.
Got our attention!

Yes - this is the 'un-cancelled' series we posted on back in April 2015! Shades of GOT*? Maybe. More on this later. For now just... digest.
In the blink of a tornado's eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and a K9 police dog are swept into a world far removed from our own - a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy. Starring Vincent D'Onofrio (Daredevil, Jurassic World) as the guileful Wizard and directed by the visionary Tarsem Singh across three European countries, this is Oz completely reimagined - a place where familiar characters show up in fresh, unexpected ways, and where an unsuspecting young woman holds the fate of kingdoms in her hands. And as Dorothy navigates this dangerous world and uncovers her true destiny, we'll see there's no place like... Oz.
*Game Of Thrones 

2 comments:

  1. I . . . I . . . I have no idea what to make of this. My first instinct is to be pedantic and nitpick their use of the word "legend" in the tagline. But I think that's just me trying to deal with my mixed emotions. The Oz stories are kind of an odd choice to turn into something dark. In most cases when people turn fairy tales dark in adaptation, they'll make a claim that they're "returning them to their darker roots" but that doesn't work here because Baum originally created Oz to be a lighter alternative to the old fairy tales. I guess I just have to watch the first episode and give my opinions after I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trailer is really unexpected - it's definitely a different take on the fairytale we're familiar with the most. It reminds me a bit of the Zooey Deschanel one on SCI-FI a few years ago. I might give it a-go in January. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete