Monday, March 17, 2014

Maleficent Soars in New Trailer

Have you been wondering about the fairy but no wings aspect of Maleficent? The latest trailer gives us a little more backstory...
"All the other fairies fly. Why don't you?"

I thought we might see wings for Maleficent at one point but I wasn't expecting the full-sized version. I also find it interesting that the wings are raven-like, yet claw-tipped. Shades of a dragon-to-come methinks - which I couldn't be more pleased about.
It might take me, personally, a bit to get used to the winged Maleficent shown here but it would seem first responses across the board are ecstatic over the reveal.

It's going to be very interesting to watch the response to this movie - not to mention the resulting impact on the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale variants. THAT I can't wait for. *rubs hands together in glee* From the looks of the fairy discussion, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more varied fairy properties in the works after this as well. (Or valkyries, because she definitely has shades of a valkyrie in this teaser!)

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I thought we might see wings for Maleficent at one point but I wasn't expecting the full-sized version. I also find it interesting that the wings are ... maleficentadult.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete