|Baba Yaga by *AppleSin|
This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)My favorite responses so far:
- Oh man, I definitely need to keep my feareye on the fire. Is it weird that this answer made a lot of sense to me? (iceberg)
- "ask me the real question when you see it peering" OMG :O (TARDIStime)
- Seriously, this one is completely relevant to my life, and each time I reread it, it is more so. But when will I see the real question? Will I see it with my feareye or my regular eye? (And the tags! #this is a good question #tell me more about my feareye) (fondue with cheddar)
- LW, I think the fact that you don't drink on the weekends suggests that one of your coworkers may have put a hex on you. Try daubing some goat blood on a copy of your company's HR manual and nailing it to the wall of your cubicle. (rfpgh)
What do you think of Baba Yaga's words?
Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty...
Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).
* Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.