Monday, June 10, 2013

Wicked Lovely Film Back On Track


From faerie and fantasy YA author Melissa Marr on Facebook this morning:
I'm told I can finally share: the Wicked Lovely film is back on track thanks to the ongoing work by my producers (Vince Vaughn's Wild West Picture Show Productions) & the addition of IM Global. (For those following YA film updates, you'll recognize IM Global as the company also behind Richelle Mead's fab Vampire Academy film.)

I can say that we are getting near an announcement of a director for the Wicked Lovely film. I'll share THAT news as soon as I can.
In 2011 the Director was set to be Mary Harron (best known for American Psycho) and before that it was going to be Kimberley Pierce (Boys Don't Cry) so I'm very curious to see who's taking the helm now, being that things are the most solid they've ever been to start shooting. 

Here's a link to Melissa Marr's dream cast - the real one still being a big unknown at this point.


2 comments:

  1. Casting as the main characters:
    Aislinn: Saoirse Ronan
    Keenan: Orlando Bloom
    Donia: Amy acker or Susan May Pratt
    Seth: Avan Jogia or Booboo stewarts
    Beira: Emmanuelle Vaugier
    Grams: Helen Mirren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can anyone tell me why there hasn't been any news or updates since June 2013? What's going on with the film?

    ReplyDelete