Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twisted Princesses

Want to see what the Disney Princesses would be like if they went to the dark side?

Jeffrey Thomas (aka *jefftoon01 on deviantART) has done a wonderful job of exploring exactly that and has a very cool series going in his gallery. If you appreciate dark fairy tales you'll love it, not to mention vampires, zombies and other monsters we love.

I recommend clicking on 'full view' as there are a LOT of cool details and story nuances you won't see in the thumbnail versions.

Here's a few examples - no passive princesses here!(Um - wow! I do NOT want to meet this Aurora in the woods!)(The Cheshire Cat here is exactly how I envision him!)Yay for fan art!

I hope there's more coming - the idea of "The Princess and the Frog" or "Rapunzel" getting this treatment sends story idea galloping through my head... *dashes away to grab pen and paper*

*Pops head back in quickly to say:*
You can find the rest HERE in his deviantART gallery.

"Awesome stuff Jeff! More please!"

NOTE: A sincere thank you to Bryan Prindiville for alerting me to these! He's a fabulous cartoonist/illustrator himself - go check out his WEBSITE and enjoy - a lot of things to make you smile there.

5 comments:

  1. wow hey can he make a twisted sally from the nightmare before christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never seen ne1 whose painted or drwn pic like this of the disney princesses they are so awesome.... love 'em.... u shud try the princes.... how awesome would that be.... great job....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still here, not where I was before,but feels like I should never have closed that door.
    If you see this, if you dream,come say hello,then make me scream.

    PrincessTwisted

    ReplyDelete