Monday, August 31, 2009

'The Simpsons' Parody (Disney's) Snow White

It just came to my attention that "The Simpsons" parodied the Disney version of Snow White this season (Season 20 episode 20).

While I can only find a portion on YouTube to show you here, you should know they pretty much told the whole Snow White story in true Simpson's style with Lisa playing the main role of the princess. Interestingly, they didn't 'gorify' their version as much as expected, although their nods to other tales (Hansel & Gretel, Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks) were nicely done.

Here is Lisa's version of 'the seven' (no"dwarfs" here!) :


And here the huntsman (played by Grounds Keeper Willie) has trouble killing Snow White... or anything else:


It's not the first time The Simpson's writers have employed 'Disneyesque' fairy tale tropes in their scenes. Here's a scene from the movie where Marge and Homer get a little woodland creature help in the romance department.


You can see the full Simpsons episode below or HERE on Hulu. Lisa Simpson's 'Snow White and the Seven' starts at 5 minutes, 5 seconds in.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. Snow White is my favorite fairy tale. My mother read me the Disney book version from the Green Fantasy book over and over when I was in a half body cast when I was 3. It was how I learned to read. It is the first thing I remember and try to collect it in all it's variations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good episode, I really enjoy when the show parodies Disney, or other famous cartoons... Even Archie got a scene once. As always The Simpsons rule the book.

    ReplyDelete